Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Funeral

This has been yet another surreal week. I worked from home on Tuesday, so that I could be around in case mike and jim needed help with Grandpa. Well has it happened I spent the majority of the day tending to him. Grandpa was unresponsive to anything except pain for the majority of the day. I think that everyone knew that something wasnt right and that his time was getting near.

I broke things off with the guy I was seeing that day, and I spent the night with grandpa and at 11:48 grandpa paul quietly went to heaven to be with his loving wife Judy. It was a sad night, yet for me it was really special. I got to be with him, and I told him that he was safe and we were all happy with eveything he's done and that it was time for him to let go. I got to say my good bye, and my see you someday's. The family game over then so they could say their goodbye's as well.

We have the funeral today at1, and then afterwards we are having a nice get together at Big Louies, and then later on tonight I think a bunch of us are going up to Louies to play BINGO. I just really want to get through this day and start moving forward.

I really appreciate all of everyones prayers and support, it means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment