Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Time

I have to say that it has been a pretty great week, all things considered. I miss my grandfather terribly, but it also feels so right to get back to normal living. I had felt like I pretty much abandoned my daughter over the past few months. Instead of doing fun summer things, I wanted to help out with grandpa. Well I decided that she's good and okay because she's happy she got to spend time with him, and I am making up for lost time. I know that I am spoiling her a bit, but hey she's my only child, and she's earned it.

I'm off work Fri and Mon, so tomorrow we are going to go to the coffee shop in the morning, then after my eye exam (i'm so excited to get new glasses) were going to hit the pool (if its nice out), off to dinner than movie in the park. Crystal Park and Rec puts on kids movies in the summer at a local park and its great! We have such a blast. Saturday were going to head up to the camper and spend a couple of days there.

I can't believe it, but Emma starts Kindergarten in 1 month. What happened to my little girl that was 2 weeks overdue, and loved falling asleep to the vacuum cleaner??? It makes me a little, okay a lot sad to think about it, but i've also reflected on what I've learned from her, and how much she has enriched my life.

oh, and good news on the allergy front. I dont have them! the bad news is that i have a horid sinus infection, and this thing called vasomotor rhinitis (which pretty much means that i have to continue to live on Allegra and Nose Spray)...Oh well, at least I know!!

1 comment:

  1. dinner and a movie in the park sounds so cool! I can't wait to do those kinds of things....I mean, I can do them now - but Dane will just lay there....haha!

    ReplyDelete