Friday, July 24, 2009

The day off, but not really

So the last couple of days have been pretty rough. Grandpa is not doing very well. He's always needed someone here to watch over him, but in the last couple of days things have gotten a lot worse. He's pretty much stopped eating. Hes drank all of about a cup of water. Hes very agitated, and wants to walk around contstantly even though he says he wants to lay down. Paul and Jimmy stayed up all night long to take turns watching over him. He wants someone to be with him, and he needs those extra hands. Its to watch because, I've come to terms with the fact that he's dying and that he's really struggling right now. I dont want him to suffer any more, and I hope that he's not in a horrible amount of pain.

Emma has been a real trooper through all of this, last week when we were on vacation, she spent the majority of her time with her Uncle Jim and Grandpa because I was doing other family things. This week we have a couple of days off and instead of doing fun outside things, she's stuck at grandma's watching movies and playing by herself in the back yard because I am here sitting watch. I love my grandpa and I'd do anything for him. I am truly glad do to the watches because it gives me more time with him, and I feel blessed that I have the opportunity to help in this phase of his life where the protector and the provider needs the protection and provisions.

On a good note, Emma and I are going to go to the Crystal Frolics tonight. She wants to ride all the rides, and check on her Nana Lynn who Em says will be in the Beer tent. There should be fireworks tonight, unless the rain comes through and we get rained out, man will that bummm Emma out.

We are also going to head over to Stacy's tomorrow and going to hang with them for a little bit. Emma was a little nervous at first because she wants to Dunk Nana in the Dunk Tank, and wants to be at the Frolics agian.....I told her we'd get to see Finn and Stacy and she was cool with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment