Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tears and Fears


First and foremost Emma absolutely loved her first day at school.


I let her sleep in a little bit and when I woke her up she started jumpin up and down singing about school. For the next two hours she pretty much kept asking 'when are we going to school'. I worked from home yesterday and knowing how little I would be getting done so I worked monday evening and i was up at 4AM (hmmm whos the nervous one) and was working then.


We got to school and she automatically went right to her table and started doing the worksheet that was placed there. She was so happy to be there. I did okay till I walked out of the room. Thats when I started getting teary. I heard another child in the room across the hall screaming how he wanted his mommy, and I felt good that, that was not my child.


I was a nervous wreck waiting for her to get home, and kept watching the clock all day long. The time finally arrived for me to go to daycare and pick her up from the bus stop. Her bus was supposed to get there at 4:01pm at 4:20 the bus showed up but my child did not. After I got on the bus and talked with the driver who didnt offer a whole lot of help, i went back home and talked to the school After being on the phone for 35 mins they located my child. Her bus pass had gotten mixed up with another girls in class and so they got put on diff busses. I got my little baby at 4:55 and I was so happy.




We went to Big Louies to enjoy dinner and to give her the opportunity to tell all of us all about her day. Needless to say she had a great time.


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I would have been a nervous wreck trying to find which bus my kid was on and where she was! Glad you survived it!

    ReplyDelete